You must obtain a letter of referral from a recognised medical practitioner. This is normally from either your local GP, or another specialist. Please be aware that whilst a physiotherapist can make a recommendation, this is not recognized by Medicare.
What to bring to your appointment:
- Medicare card ,Veteran Affairs card
- WorkCover approved claim number
- Referral letter from your GP, family physician or other doctor
- Copies of operation records, medical records, X-Rays, MRIs, CT scans and so on from prior doctor visits
- If you have seen a physiotherapist, please bring a progress letter from the therapist if possible.